Every day on this earth with my family and friends is a blessing beyond measure. Today was no exception. Everything about today was fantabulous! This morning I had the blessing of helping out with the second service kid's church as well as teaching my usual class during third service. The second service teacher stayed for my class and helped me out as well. Both groups of kids did an amazing job at their performances. I'm so proud of all of them. It was such a blessing to stand right in front of them and watch the smiles on their faces as they sang and danced for their parents, and the hundreds of others in attendance this morning. It was also a blessing to co-teach with such a wonderful sweet girl. After their performances the kids interacted with us as we talked about the meaning of Easter. Then it was time for an egg hunt. Inside each egg was a silly band that told the story of Easter. The kids had such a great time! It was a blessing to have so many kids in each service. It was a record for me! I've never had that many kids at one time. I'm so thankful for all the helpers that were there to lend a hand too!
My husband got a chance to call me while I was helping out in second service. I slipped out to talk with him for a little while. During deployments I stop what I'm doing whenever he calls because I never know when the next time he can call will be. I'm sure I'm not the only one. Luckily everyone understands so it's no big deal for me to slip our for a few minutes. As I was talking on the phone, the kids came walking over to line up for their turn at hunting eggs. I told them who I was talking to, Trint helps out in my class when he's here so all the kids know him. The call him "Old Man". I held the phone up and they all yelled, "Hi Old Man"! It was so cute! They were all giggling and I could hear my husband laughing too.
After church the kids and I came home to gather up our things real quick and we headed over to a friends house for some yummy food and fun. We had a wonderful time. We added a new "member" to our group tonight as well. A friend had met a new friend at the park not long ago so she invited her and her daughter over to join us. It was just 4 women and a bunch of kids. We hid eggs for the little ones to find and later we hid them a little harder for the older kids. Everyone there had a great time. I really don't know what I'd do without my friends, especially during deployments. They make it so much easier to get through the holidays, well pretty much every day actually. I know if I ever need anything at all, even just some adult conversation, they're just a phone call away. And likewise they know where to find me too. It's just incredible to me that a group of girls with different backgrounds and different lifestyles can bond so quickly and strongly all because we have one simple thing in common, we're all army wives. We may have different opinions on things and go about things in different ways, but that doesn't matter. At the end of the day we are all army wives and we stick together through it all!
I hope everyone had as great of an Easter as we did! God Bless You All!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.