Nothing at all has happened today aside from me staying at home and being lazy. Okay, so lazy wouldn't be the right word since I got all the laundry caught up and picked up the house. It was a boring day, but also nice to not have to go anywhere or do anything. That doesn't happen all that often. I did leave the house to take the kids back and forth from school and I had to go out to get cash for the girls lunch accounts at school. While I was out I stopped at Starbucks for some yummy goodness. I haven't been to Starbucks in a long time. It was happy hour though so I didn't feel guilty about it. It's not very often a person can get a venti frap for $2.50. Unfortunately they aren't running happy hour for very long. I think the last day is the 15th. If they'd listen to their customers they'd continue to do it all week long all the time. HeHe
I'm having one of those days where I just want my husband home and nothing else matters. This is actually the first time I've felt that way. Of course I always want him home, but usually it's easier to push the thoughts away and concentrate on other things. Today, likely because I wasn't busy with anything, it was harder than usual to push the thoughts aside. Perhaps my husband just needed extra prayers today so God was reminding me to keep praying, which I did all day. I'm just going to lay down now and pray myself to sleep tonight. Tomorrow will be a better day with more to do. No matter what happens, God will be by our side and all will go according to His plan.
Lord, please watch over my soldier and keep him safe from all harm. Give him your wisdom to make the right decisions. Give him your strength to get him through his long days. Give him your courage to keep pushing through the storm. Give him your guidance to walk the path you have planned out for him. Give him your love to keep him happy. Please be with all of the soldiers that are near and dear to my heart, as well as those I don't personally know. Protect them all from harm and bring them all home to their families safely. Remind them that they have people back home that love them and are waiting for their safe return. Remind them that we are proud of them all. Pour your blessings out on them all, along with their families that are missing them and awaiting their safe return. I ask all this in the name of Jesus, Amen.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.