Technology is a wonderful thing. Well, most of the time. When it's operating the way we had planned for it too. My husband finally has his internet up and running. Anyone who has to be separated from a loved one for an extended period of time will know what I'm talking about when I say that Skype is the best invention ever!
Around midnight last night, I was startled awake by a sound I hadn't heard before. It was loud and quite frankly scared me out of my mind. My eyes instantly opened and I searched around my dark room for the cause of the noise. It only took seconds for me to completely wake up and realize it was my phone. It wasn't my normal ring tone or even the alarm noise. It was different. I grabbed it to make it shut up and realized it was a call coming in from skype. It took a second to focus my eyes enough to see that it was... my husband! YAY! Finally the internet is all hooked up. I had a stow away in my bed so I didn't want to turn the light on and wake him up, so I grabbed my computer and ran down the stairs. I finally at long last was able to see my husband in real time and talk to him like he was sitting in front of me. Okay so he was on my lap because I was in my comfy recliner with the computer on my lap. hehe Good thing it wasn't really him or I might have been crushed. hehe Just kidding baby! It was so wonderful to actually see for myself that he is really okay. Not that I didn't believe him, but still.
This afternoon after school we went to a birthday party for my friend's 1 year old. We were there for about an hour when Trint called me on skype again. My crazy phone was going dead so I left the party to run and get my charger. It was kinda hilarious because Trint stayed on the phone the whole time. For some reason my sound wasn't working so we couldn't hear each other, but I put my phone up on the dash and he watched me drive home. I didn't know if he could hear me or not, just knew I couldn't hear him, so he probably thought I was a crazy person as I chatted away to him while I was driving. When I go a couple blocks from my house I noticed a person standing in the middle of the street. He was directing traffic to detour because of an accident. I can't imagine what my face looked like to Trint as I was trying to rush home to turn my computer on so we could actually have a conversation. I just wanted to get there quick and now I had to detour. I was a little frustrated at this point. It was only a short detour, but I wanted to talk with my husband. I really didn't even know if he was still there or not for sure until I got home and turned my phone around. The cam is on the backside and screen on the front. How convenient. Note the sarcasm. He stayed with me the whole time and I finally made it home. We didn't talk for too long because he had to go to work, but even the short time we talked was great.
I got back to the party just in time to pick Tristan up and drive him to his rock band class. The accident wasn't cleared out so I got to detour again plus I had to sit at the stop sign and wait for traffic. The cops had part of the non accident street blocked off with their cars parked all crooked to make it even more inconvenient. I hurried back after dropping him off so I could help them clean up and get everything back to my friends car. She asked me if we would like to watch a movie with them at their house. It's a school night, but the kids didn't have any homework and with it being the end of the year they aren't really doing much so we said yes. Shay went with her so she could help get the kids and everything else back in her house and I went to pick up Tristan. When we got back to her house her son opened his presents, he totally loved his train we got him, and we watched a movie.
Back home we came to get the kids in bed. I started to post on my blog and only had one paragraph when the bubble popped up on my screen that my husband was back online so I immediately called him. HeHe Turns out he was just turning on his computer and it automatically signs him in. He had a couple things to do so he said he'd call back as soon as he was done. Sure enough, 5 minutes later he was back! What a fabulous day.
Before I go to sleep myself I want to tell you about one more thing. I've been...well, not so happy that my husband has been put in so many positions over there that he doesn't have time to sleep and last night I prayed that God could find a way for him to get some relief. I asked that he could have some time to sleep or at least relax a little. It turns out that God answered that prayer for me quickly.Trint was told he was taken off of guard duty. On top of that it just so happens he didn't have to go on the next mission. God answered above and beyond what I had expected. That is also why I got to talk to him so much today. You can't tell me that was a coincidence, it was definately a Godincidence. I heard that saying on the radio and I love it! It had to be God, there's no other explanation. What an awesome God we serve!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.