I know I haven't been very faithful to this blog thing lately. In the quest to stay busy to pass the time away, I've just been too tired at night to even think straight. The good news is that time really is flying by rather quickly. In just a few days we will be at our 2 month mark. Since it's summertime, I anticipate the next two months to fly by just as quickly. Before I know it my husband will be home on r&r! I really don't think about his final homecoming at this point because it's too far off in the distance. I'd rather just focus on the next time we can finally be together without the computer screen separating us. By then we will only have a few months left and we can start our final countdown from there. It's so much easier for me to do this in small increments instead of looking at the whole picture. Unfortunately I don't think time is going by so quickly for my husband. I can see why since he's away from home and separated from the life we have built together during the past 14 years. I know how much I miss him and he had to leave so much more behind. I still have our kids to hug at night and all our comforts of home, aside from the comfort of having him next to me. He will make it through this though. His job over there is so much bigger than all of this. It has to be, or God would not have sent him there... If you're reading this baby, I pray for you nonstop and you really will be home soon. In the bigger scheme of things a year really isn't all that long, not compared to the fact that we still have an eternity together. We love you so much more than you could comprehend and we'll be waiting for you the second you step off that plane!
Honestly, as I sit here I can't even remember all the things we've done this week. Sometimes as I look back it's like we just walk through our days, or rather run sometimes, and when it's all over with I lay down to sleep just thanking God for getting us through another day without my husband. Every time I lay my head down it just means we're one day closer to having him home. Then when morning comes I thank God for a new day with new adventures and I pray for the day to go by quickly so I can lay my head down on my husbands pillow once again and start thanking God all over again for getting us through another day. Of course I'm also always praying for my husband's safety, as well as every military member in harms way, and for time to pass quickly for them as well. The power of prayer can do so much in a person's life. I can tell you for a fact that my prayers have always been heard and that God has always answered. Our soldiers could really use all the prayers they can get. Please find some time every day to say a prayer for our soldiers who are so far from home and long to safely return to the arms of the families they love so dearly. I've been asked many times since my husband started his career in the military what people can do to show their support. In all reality, you may not think your doing enough by simply taking some time to pray, but that's the very best thing you can do for them.
Good night my bloggy friends. It's time for me to lay my head down on my husbands pillow and thank God for getting us through another deployment day with love in our hearts and smiles on our faces. Tomorrow is a new day with new adventures just waiting for us to get there.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.