Monday, August 8, 2011

I Miss The Little Things

Everyday I think of something new that I miss about my husband. Many of them are just small things, but together they all add up to be something huge. Even though it can make me sad to think about my husband being away, on a much larger scale it also reminds me of how blessed I am to be able to spend my life with him. I can better appreciate those little things instead of taking advantage of them. I can also better appreciate those little quirks he has that can drive me crazy. I'd much rather live with those irritating quirks on a daily basis than to be away from him for any length of time. Today I just want to share some of those little things I miss that I can't wait to have back in my life at the end of this deployment.

*The way his blue eyes sparkle when he looks into mine. I know it sounds crazy, but they really do. He's so sweet and he looks into the web cam so I can see them, but it doesn't work so well when the cam is so fuzzy.

*He will do anything to make me smile. See above for an example.

*Sometimes I think he knows me better than I know myself. I miss his insight and words of encouragement.

*I miss is arm under my pillow at night.

*Watching a movie at home is no fun without having him to snuggle with.

*As much as I'd rather grocery shop by myself to get it done quicker, I miss having him there to remind me of things that I forgot to add to my list.

*I miss sitting next to him in the passenger seat of the car and taking in the scenery as he drives.

*When the kids and I get new clothes, or anything new really, we like to show daddy one by one what we got. We are able to do that on the web cam occasionally, but it's not the same. Plus there's never time for a fashion show.

*I miss having his hand in mine while we're walking.

*He always comes up behind me for a hug while I'm doing the dishes or cooking. It aggravates me because when I'm doing something I just want to get it done, but I really wish he were here to distract me now.

*He takes really hot showers and steams up the bathroom so I have to wait till it cools off and the mirror unfogs to do my hair and makeup. I would give anything to have my mirror fog over and have to wait.

*For some reason I can't stand the shower curtain being open. He always forgets to close it. I would love to be able to remind him to shut it.

In all reality, I miss everything about him. I just have to keep reminding myself that God has a bigger plan for us and in order to reach His goals we must face this deployment head on and rely on God to get us through it. I'm reminded on a daily basis of how blessed I am to be able to spend my life with someone that loves me as much as my husband does. A deployment will put things in perspective and only make our relationship stronger. That has to be one of the reasons God is allowing us to go through this. I'm sure there are many more reasons that God hasn't revealed to us yet, but in time I know we will be able to look back and to see the bigger picture. As much as I would rather not have to be away from my husband, God knows best and He wouldn't put us through anything that we can't handle. I will use this year to reflect on my marriage and to find ways to make it even stronger and even better than it already is. As I go to bed every night and as I wake up every morning I will continue to thank God for my husband. I will continue to thank Him for this experience that I know will only make us stronger. God is great all the time and all the time God is great!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.