Monday, March 28, 2011
Change of Plans
We were just notified this evening that my husbands deployment date has been changed. It's been moved closer by two days. I know two days doesn't seem like a big deal to most people, but that's two days less that we have together as a family before he's gone for 12 months. I'm still in limbo about how I feel about this. Not that it matters because I don't have any say in the matter anyways. Of course I don't want him to leave at all, but regardless, it's happening. I've been saying that I just want it to be over with and to get the homecoming countdown started so I guess I'm getting my wish. I'm just not ready for this yet. I don't think any of us are really ever ready for a deployment. We just take a deep breath and do what we have to do. I know that God is in control and whatever plans He has for us in the next year are what's best for our family. In that sense I'm okay with this whole thing, the date change and the deployment in general. I know that God will see us through it and in the end we'll be a stronger family for what we have to face in the year to come.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Shawna hun I am so sorry about the change. Jeez I swear can't they just keep one darn date, I relly dislike that A LOT!!! I am here for you sweetie when you want to talk, vent, cry or scream. I am praying for you all always and thinking about you. If you want to pass on Friday night I would completely understand or go sooner let me know. Luv ya!!!
ReplyDeleteHang in there honey.
Hugs!!! Jess!!
Date changes stink! Period! I still don't understand the date jumping. We still don't have an exact date yet for Josh.
ReplyDelete