Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Psalm 91...The Protection of the Most High

"The one who lives under the protection of the Most High dwells in the shadow of the Almighty. I will say to the Lord, "My refuge and my fortress, my God, in whom I trust." Psalm 91 1-2

I was talking to a friend this morning and got some unsettling news about another friend of ours. It's a personal matter so I'll just say that her family is going through an uncertain situation right now and on top of that her husband is about to deploy. It got me to thinking about how blessed my family is. Sure we're about to be separated for a year, but other than that everything is good. We are all healthy, our finances are manageable, we are not lacking in anything of necessity and we have a great life together. God has certainly blessed us beyond measure. I look around and see friends who are facing various difficult situations in conjunction with this deployment. It's difficult enough to send our soldiers off to war when everything is going right for our families, but to see what some of my friends are facing breaks my heart. Looking at what my family faces for the next year seems like a walk in the park. As much as I would selfishly love to keep my husband home, I know that God has other plans for us and I will continue to praise Him and thank Him in everything, even through this deployment, no matter how trying it may get. He has our best interest at heart and I firmly believe there is a reason for everything that we go through. To my army friends who are facing harder circumstances than I could imagine, don't lose hope. God is with you too. "Cast your burden on the Lord, and He will support you; He will never allow the righteous to be shaken." Psalm 55:22 Also remember that you have a great support group surrounding you so let God use us, your friends, to help you in any way we can. Us army wives always stick together!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.