If only every day could be this fabulous! I woke up this morning to a cup of coffee waiting for me on my nightstand. My daughter is wonderful! Not long after I woke up my other daughter came running upstairs with a plate of cinnamon toast she made just for mommy. She called it mommy's special breakfast. Under the two pieces of toast that she called eyes, was a hotdog bun with cheese inside which she called the mouth. hehe What a sweet silly girl! I'm not much of a breakfast person, but this morning I made an exception. I'm so blessed with such great kids. They may fight nonstop on most days and on some days I may feel like I'd be better off if I ran away, but in all honesty I wouldn't change any of it for the world. God made them to be who they are for a reason and one of these days they are each going to blossom into young adults that God has big plans for. Even through their difficult days, deep down they all have a heart of gold and can be the sweetest kids ever.
This afternoon I asked Tristan to mow the yard for me while I did the weed whacking. I anticipated a response of "why do I have to do it", but he said sure mom. I didn't get a single argument out of him. It must be my lucky day! We got the yard done and cleaned the mower up with not a single groan. He even came inside and voluntarily helped Shay get lunch for everyone. When lunch was over I asked him to help me clean out the Armada and our friends Impala. Again I got help without a single groan. He got all the trash out of the cars and wiped down the leather seats in my Armada. I got my Armada vacumed out and Shay came outside to offer to vacume out the Impala. At this point I'm wondering where my real kids are and who switched them. hehe
When dinnertime came, Tristan offered to grill us some hamburgers. Of course I was not about to say no. Shay and I went to get our groceries for Easter dinner while Tristan made his hamburger patties. He waited until we got home to start up the grill. He wanted to make sure mom was home in case something went wrong. Smart kid. Good thing too because I would not have been too happy if he had started it without me. For some unknown reason I have this fear that our house will burn down. A lot of times I'll forget to turn off the stove or leave my flat iron plugged in. Trint always remembers that kind of stuff and since he's gone I have to be extra cautious to remember. I'm sure that's where the fear comes from. I don't have it when he's home. Sorry to get off subject. As you can see from previous posts I do that often. oops! So, dinner turned out fabulous. Tristan is a regular bbq king. Don't tell Trint I said this, but Tristan might just beat him out at the grill someday! If you're reading this Trint, sorry but it's true. hehe I can see you smiling after reading that. I love you baby!
Our day ended at Good Friday church service! It was great! The girls had fun in kid's church making egg salad sandwiches, coloring easter eggs, playing games and watching vege tales. Tristan came to service with the rest of the youth. I met up with some of my sisters and sat with them. After service I got the priviledge of helping serve dinner with two of my sisters. I loved passing out the sushi and talking to everyone who came through the line. I love my church family! It still amazes me how big our church is and yet everyone knows everyone else. Since day one of my family attending church at GBC we have felt like part of their family. I've been to smaller churches in the past where even after attending for months we were still asked when we walked through the door on Sunday morning if we were new. We have not once been asked that after our first Sunday there. People remember our names, however I had a hard time with all of their names and still do. There are so many of them. No matter though, I can just say uncle or aunt or cousin or sister...you get the picture. Here in Hawaii that's what people call each other. It works out perfect for me, the name forgetter. hehe
We got home late and we have to get up early again in the morning for Easter Sunday kid's church program dress rehearsal. I'm pretty sure tomorrow is going to include a nap sometime in the early afternoon. All this late night early morning stuff is starting to catch up with me. Staying so busy however is a good thing. I can't believe Trint has already been gone for two weeks. That means two less weeks to go before he's back home falling asleep and waking up right next to me! I can hardly wait till that day!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.