Yesterday was a fairly productive day. It was a short day of school for the kids, Wed. always is. I got things done around the house while they were at school. After they got home I had an appt for the older two to get their military id's. I would say it went well and I suppose in the end it did, but the lady at the front desk really has no buisness doing anything remotely related to customer service. It started out when we went in the first time while Trint was still here. We had no idea we were suppose to make an appt online. We're use to just walking in and grabbing a number. Apparently that's all changed. The lady at the desk said rudely, "You have to make an appt for that." Then she proceded to stare at us like we were bothering her. Trint looked at her after a few seconds and told her we'd like to make an appt. She simply said, "You have to do it online." and continued to stare at us. Trint had to ask her where online we needed to go. She handed him a piece of paper with the website on it. I wanted to say, "Rude much?". I kept my mouth shut aside from a quiet "WOW" under my breath and we left. So today when we got there the same lady was there. She was no less rude today. She said, "What are you here for?" I told her we had an appt to get my kids id's. She said, "We only do one per appt." I probably gave her a rude look as annoyed as I was with her for being rude to us and explained how we had already been in the office and she never mentioned that we needed to make two appts. She said "You can ask your clerk." Then she just stared at me. She didn't say please have a seat in the waiting room or anything. At this point she was past staring and just glared at me. I was so overly annoyed at this point I decided to kill her with kindness. I smiled real big and said, "Should we just have a seat in the waiting area then?" I got a yes out of her, but if looks could have killed...well you know the rest. After we got called back the clerk that helped us chuckled when I told her the receptionist was rather rude and didn't tell us we needed two appts. I could tell she agreed. So she took care of both of the kids. She was very friendly and helpful. Here's the kicker, appts are allotted in 15 minute increments. It only took her 10 minutes to do both of my kids.
Last night was sgo night! Instead of meeting at a restaurant we went to an Easter play at Word of Life. It was great! My kids went with me as did the other ladies kids and we all had a good time. What a powerful message the play sent. The actors were fabulous and played their parts so well. At the end some people willingly gave their cardboard testimonies. It's so amazing where people come from and the adversities they face in their lives only to be completely turned around by the blood of Jesus Christ. I couldn't imagine coming from the harsh circumstances they did. How incredibly amazing that Jesus forgives them and completely turns their lives around. They are now thriving citizens devoting their lives to His cause. I would recommend all of my Hawaii friends to go check it out.
I got to talk to Trint twice yesterday! YAY! Aside from the play, that had to be the highlight of my day! I always love to hear his voice. I'm looking forward the their command getting it together and deciding what to do with the internet situation so I can finally skype with him. The lines for the phones and computers are so long that he doesn't have time to sit there and wait. He has his own computer, but until they decide how to go about the internet in their building it's not an option. Too bad they can't just do things the way they were already set up and be done with it. Not sure why they're making it so difficult. Our soldiers would like to have their internet so they can talk to their families. Hopefully they'll figure it out soon. On a good note, Trint got a phone yesterday so now he won't have to wait in lines to call me! That's a plus! It's not free, but it's not all that expensive and it's way worth it!
I have a meeting with Tristan's teachers today, finally! It's taken long enough for them to come through. Now that the year is almost over I'm not sure how much good it's going to do, but better late than never I suppose. I have my list of concerns written down and I'm ready to go. Hopefull we'll get some results! Wish me luck!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.