My "one of those days" is turning into "one of those nights". This song pretty much sums it up. The little stuff is trying to get to me tonight. I have the yappy puppy next door, the cigarette smell that likes to come through the windows from the neighbors porch and enter my smoke free house, a child that likes to take his socks off and toss them on the floor than throw an attitude when I ask him to pick them up, a daughter that is on a roll with her sassing tonight, a puppy that insists he belongs upstairs by himself and doesn't want to listen for anything tonight... It's the little stuff that can drive a person crazy sometimes. I just wanted tonight to be a quiet fun night cuddling with the kids in front of a movie. Now I don't even feel like cuddling. I just want to sit in this chair by myself and stare at the tv screen in a daze. If the movie isn't interesting at all, maybe I'll just fall asleep.
Every time this song comes on the radio it reminds me not to sweat the small stuff because God has a purpose for it all. I'm thinking that God is just testing me on my patience to teach me to have more of it. That's the main area in my life that needs some serious help. I'm easily irritated by small things and I'm not a fan of waiting. Being an Army wife requires both tolerance and patience, so you can imagine the roadblocks I have to overcome in those areas. I just have to remember that God is right here next to me and there's no reason to get upset about the small stuff. I'm actually only hurting myself my letting the irritations take over my mind. I just need to stop, take a deep breath and move forward. I will praise God through it all!
Tomorrow is a new day full of God's blessings!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.