Friday, April 15, 2011

One Of Those Days

Today has already been, "one of those days". It's been over a week since Trint left and up until now everything has been okay. Well, actually everything is still okay, I just have a wondering mind today and no motivation whatsoever. I guess it all started this morning when we left for school and I realized it was trash day. Not a big deal at all until I realized I forgot to put it out and we were running late due to kids who are in slow motion. I had to take my chances on the truck not coming until I got back from dropping everyone off. Usually it comes a little later, but on occasion it will come early. What's worse is that I forgot about it last week so the dumpster is overflowing. Still it's just a small thing and nothing really to worry about. No damage would be done by forgetting trash day. My mind started wondering at that point about Trint. He's the one that always made sure the trash was at the curb. That's one thing I didn't have to think about so now it doesn't cross my mind until I see all the dumpsters sitting at the curb up and down the street. It's a good thing everyone else around here remembers so I get a reminder. Would it really be too much to ask if they could send him home Fri mornings to remember trash day?! HeHe

Of course from that one thought about Trint my mind just decided to keep on wondering. I haven't heard from him since early Sunday morning. Normally I wouldn't even think twice about it. As a dear friend reminded me last night, he's the type of soldier that puts the mission first while he's away, knowing that his family is in God's hands. He knows that we'll be okay, he trusts that I can take care of everything back home and he just wants to do his job to the best of his ability so that he can come back safe to his family. He's the soldier that won't run to someone else when something needs done. He just jumps right in and gets it done. I love that about him. He makes me proud. In the same aspect I know that God is also watching over my husband so why does my mind insist on wondering why he hasn't called? I know there really is no reason to even wonder because my question won't be answered until he calls, so why stress over it. I just have to pray for God to pull those thoughts out of my mind and replace them with positive thoughts. I know God has our best interest at heart and that whatever is going on in our lives is according to His will. After all, "If He brings us to it, He'll see us through it".

I keep thinking back to the conversation I had with my friend last night. She reminds me how blessed my family is. We're blessed with amazing friends and family, health, financial stability, actually I can't think of anything that isn't a blessing in our lives. It's so true that God blesses those who are faithful to him. Talking to her and hearing how positive she is even in the storm her family is going through right now gives me strength. I can only strive to be as strong as she is. I like to think that in a similar situation I can stand up like she is doing right now and  give God all the glory. There's no need to be mad or sad or upset or have any negative feelings. God is in control and he knows best. Even in her hard time she's still here with kind words of encouragement for me, who isn't going through anything comparable to what her family is dealing with. She's definately someone I look up to with admiring eyes. What an amazing family of God! Love you my dear friend!

Tonight I think the kids and I will just pop some popcorn and sit down and watch a movie together. There's a new movie on Disney Channel tonight that they've been wanting to see. It's called "Lemonade Mouth". It may end up being corny, but it's the time spent with the kids that matters. Who knows, it may end up being a good movie.

1 comment:

  1. I love you, Shawna :-( Praying for you and am reminded to be thankful for friends that love and trust in the Lord. God is so good, even through these crazy circumstances, and I am thankful that He has surrounded me with people like yourself! Praying that the Lord grants you some good communication this week to keep you encouraged :-)

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.