I sure could have used one of those phone calls today. You know...the call that makes the day seem brighter. Had I known it was going to turn out like it did, I may have just stayed in bed for the day. Unfortunately that isn't even an option on any day. It is what it is though and in an effort to keep my sanity I just have to roll with the punches. There's some reason, no matter how twisted that reason might seem to me, that my day didn't go as planned.
I had all the kids loaded up in my truck and ready to go to school. That wasn't without a struggle, but we were finally on our way. Half way to pick up my friends daughter I noticed that the low tire light was on. I just figured it was a glitch and had malfunctioned like the light in our Ford did back in TX. It was an easy fix but I would have to take it in to have it looked at. It's just a light so it's really no big deal. Not all vehicles even have that light function to begin with so I could deal with it until I had time to get it fixed. I really didn't think it would be on because I had a low tire, since I did spend 3 hours at Sears yesterday getting a tire fixed. I had them double check the pressure in all the tires just for my peace of mind. I decided to get out when I got to my friend's house just to check and make sure before I drove any further. Much to my surprise the exact same tire that was "fixed" yesterday was extremely low. UGH! Back to my house to switch vehicles.
I got all the kids dropped off, called my friend to cancel our plans for the morning and called Sears to let them know how unhappy I was. I wanted to make sure they knew I was on my way back in and that I would very much appreciate not having to stand in line and wait hours to have something fixed that should have been fixed the first time. The guy on the phone was actually the one that I dealt with yesterday and he was very nice and understanding. He's not the actual mechanic that worked on it so I gave him the benefit of the doubt. He assured me that he'd be looking for me and would get me in right away.
I headed to the gas station to air the tire up before heading back into town. I prayed the whole way that my tire wouldn't pop or go flat or anything else that would leave me on the side of the road. God heard me and got me there safely. Just as he said, the guy was watching for me. I was in a long line that would have taken 30 minutes at least, but after just 5 minutes he came and called me out of the line. Everyone that works in customer service should be as friendly and helpful as this guy. He told me he'd call when it was done, probably 30 minutes. I made the most of my time and went upstairs to do a little shopping for a friend's baby shower. Sure enough in 30 minutes I got a call. The problem however, it wasn't done. They found another thorn in the sidewall that couldn't be repaired. The fix would be a new tire. Not a problem since it's covered under warranty. I would feel better with a new one anyhow, seeing as they apparently don't know how to properly repair a tire anyhow. The downside was another 1 hour wait. I went down to sign the work order so they could start replacing it and headed out to the mall to walk around. I had no intention of shopping so I went up to the food court where I sat with my Subway sandwich and my iPhone games for an hour. Not a fun afternoon at all!
The kicker that really made me want to scream was the fact that they were certain I had run over this thorn yesterday after leaving their shop. There's no way it could have been there yesterday because they would have seen it then. I'm sure if they had taken the time to look past the nail hole and thorn hole they repaired they would have seen it. I made sure to let them know that I was aware of where the thorns came from and when it had to have happened which was not last night. I drove on main roads last night and straight to my house. The thorns came from White Plains last time we went there. There's a massive thorn bush on the side of the road that I have had to avoid the last few times we went there. Apparently there were some in the road that I wasn't aware I ran over until my tire went flat. I'm sure that's where they came from because the only other roads I drive on are in town, on the highway, and on post. The same roads I've regularly driven for the past year we've been here. I guess that being a woman here on my own without my husband means I have no idea what I'm talking about and they can pull the covers over my eyes. Think again! Us army wives step up when our husbands are gone and we can take care of anything! We seem to acquire this super power that enables us to take care of any and everything that we are use to our husbands doing. hehe Okay so I can't change a tire, but I know where to go when it needs done. Right next door!!! Thanks again friends!
Okay, that was a long story that I'm sure I made even longer than necessary, but I feel better after venting. By the way, I kept my cool the whole time I was there. I used nice words with a calm voice yet I still made sure to get my point across to them. Yes Trint, I really did keep my cool. I promise! I know that's not like me when I'm that irritated, but I'm working on it and I'm getting better. However, I can't be responsible for my actions if I wake up and the new tire ends up being low. What are the chances of that happening?!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.