I finally had the time to take my truck in this afternoon to have the tire fixed! It's so nice to be sitting up high again. I felt like my butt was about to drag the ground driving around in that little Impala. It's a nice car and gets good gas mileage, but it just doesn't compare to my truck. I just prefer big vehicles. Somehow they seem safer. It's also nice to have so much space. The kids can spread out and stay away from each other. That's a must when spending time in a vehicle. I can't deal with fighting kids while I'm driving. I have been known to stop and let them out for a few minutes, or pull into a parking lot and make them sit on the curb and hug until they decide to get along. The problem with that here is that if we're on the highway there isn't anywhere to pull over that's safe enough to let them out. With 3 row seating I can put one in the front, one in the middle and one in the back. Opposite sides of course! hehe Actually the kids have been super good for me lately. They have their moments, like all siblings, but for the most part they have been getting along. I'm really proud of how helpful they've been around the house too. Now that I said that we'll have to see how they are tomorrow. I better find some wood to knock on. HeHe
Since the kids waited so patiently for our truck to be finished, I promised them ice cream. I kind of had alterior motives because tonight was 31 cent scoop night at Baskin Robbins and I had planned on taking them there anyhow. They don't need to know that though, right?! When we pulled into the parking lot the line was already pretty long so I let Tristan out to save a spot in line while I parked the truck. I was a little worried that the line was too long and we'd completely miss sgo, but I promised them ice cream so that's what they were getting. We were actually only there for 15 minutes. They had a pretty good system going that kept the store from getting too crowded and they were getting people through the line pretty fast. We did end up being late to sgo, but we still made it there, ice cream in hand!
It was a pretty successful day and why not? I got to talk to my husband this morning so what other choice is there but a good day?! It's always a good day after hearing his voice!... I love you baby!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.