Monday, May 23, 2011

Beautiful Moments

Headaches are no fun at all. Since we've been in Hawaii I get them regularly. I've heard a lot of people complain about headaches here and I'm told it's the barometric pressure. I really have no idea, but the one thing I do know is that it's annoying. I went to bed last night with a slight headache but after taking some tylenol I figured it would be gone by morning. My husband woke me up on skype around midnight and I felt fine. Perhaps that was simply because I was happy to talk to him. When I woke up this morning, it was worse. If I didn't have to get kids to school I would not have gotten out of bed when the alarm went off. However, I did have kids that needed to be at school on time so I somehow managed to get them all out the door on time. I had planned to go back to bed when I got home, but I was so wide awake that was not happening.

Despite the headache I went into Syd's room and got started cleaning. She usually does it herself, after several days of being stuck in there until it's done, but occasionally I go in and thoroughly clean it. I do that with all the kids, but expecially Syd. She's my child that keeps absolutely everything. Nothing gets thrown away, including small pieces of scrap paper. She claims that she may use it later. That's probably true with all the writing, cutting, and glueing she does, but it drives me nuts to walk in her room and see so many projects that she's started and never finished. When she walked into her room after school she was so excited. She said thank you many times and she promised to keep it clean since mommy spent her day cleaning just for her. I can't even begin to tell you how appreciative she was. It was definately worth my time to do this for her.

As slow as I was moving today, that was pretty much all I got accomplished, aside from the laundry that needed catching up. By afternoon my headache was finally completely gone, but by then I was tired. Too bad I couldn't have been tired when I had the headache. Of course then I wouldn't have gotten Syd's room done. Everything always seems to work out for the best in the end.

Tonight as I was sitting on the chair watching tv with the girls, Shay came up to me and wanted a hug. Apparently she got very comfortable because she fell asleep on my lap. Syd got the cam and snapped a picture. That's definately a moment to remember.

Today was the first time I missed a call from my husband. Not a good feeling. Regardless of the fact that he understands and it doesn't bother him, it does bother me. There isn't a whole lot I can do for him from this far away, but being here when he calls is one thing I can do. Fortunately, he called me back just a short while ago. Yay! I feel much better now!... I hope you have a good day baby! I'll talk to you again soon! I love you! Oh, and here's a picture of the roses you bought me. I waited a little too long to take the picture so they aren't at their best, but they have been beautiful and they just keep blooming! I LOVE YOU!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.