Thursday, May 5, 2011

His Greater Purpose!

I almost didn't post tonight because once again I let time get away from me and it's a little later than I usually like to get to sleep. However, if I skip out on one night I know that will lead to another and another and eventually I'll likely stop all together. Not really a big deal, but my goal is to post every day for the entire year of my husbands deployment. The only exception will be when he's home on r&r because that's our time together and I will not be spending it on the computer.

This morning started off great with a phone call from my husband! I was surprised to hear from him again so soon. He was getting ready to go to work and decided to call while he had a few minutes. It was perfect timing because I had just woke the kids up so they finally got to talk to him. I think they've only talked to him once before this. Honestly I really can't even remember. I don't have a great memory so you'll have to forgive me. He usually only has time to call when it's extremely early our time and the kids are still sleeping. Syd's face lit up when she came in the room and I asked her if she wanted to talk to daddy. She was grinning from ear to ear and kept saying it's daddy, it's daddy. The expression on her face was priceless. I wish I would have thought to grab the camera and get a picture, but it didn't occur to me until it was too late. The other two kids were still half asleep. They are like their mom and not so much into mornings. They did talk to him a little and Tristan got to tell him about being asked to join the band. Of course daddy was very proud!

Because of the phone call we were running a little late for school. I wasn't going to worry about that. Being a few minutes late to homeroom never hurt anyone and it was just as important for them to hear daddy's laughter and know he's okay as it is for me. However, Syd, my little sidetrack mind girl, could not seem to keep focused for anything. She's usually like that, but she really needed to focus a little more this morning to make up for lost time. I gave them an extra 15 minutes and Syd still wasn't ready to go. She ended up walking out the door with her hair all messy and screaming and crying because Shay said something to her about hurrying up. She had a complete meltdown. She's been known for her loudness when she's unhappy, but this was much worse. We were all in the car and pulling out of the driveway and I noticed that she didn't grab her schoolbag. Of course that made her fit escelate even more. I refused to let her go back in to get it because it would have taken her forever. She didn't even have her papers in her folder and none of it was in her bag. I'm big on making my kids live through the consequences of their actions anyhow. Kids learn better and much quicker when someone isn't running to their rescue all the time. Her consequence was explaining to her teacher why she didn't have her homework.  I guarantee she will remember having to explain it to her teacher and she will remember her bag from now on.

I had planned on taking a nap this afternoon since I only got 5 hours of sleep, I need my 8. HeHe When I got home our kid's church director, also a good friend, called to see if we could reschedule our meeting to this afternoon. We were going to meet later on after school, but afternoon actually works better anyhow since the kids are at school. She gave me options of a restaurant and I chose Spicy Ahi & BBQ. I think that's the name of it. It's similar to that anyhow. I'm glad I chose it because...YUMMMM! That was the best spicy ahi bowl I've ever had. I'm definately taking my husband there when he's back for r&r! It was a wonderful afternoon of great conversation and yummy food. She caught me up on the last teachers meeting that I missed and showed me the crafty gifts the kids are to make for mothers and fathers day. It was just a great afternoon!

This evening the kids and I just stuck around the house together. Syd wasn't allowed to leave the house anyways after her fit this morning and it was raining anyhow. I like quiet evenings at home with my family! If only Trint were here to make it complete, but he will be soon! Until then I will focus on enjoying my special time alone with our kids. I'm just thankful that God is watching over all of us and making this deployment seem to go fast for us. Not so much for Trint unfortunately, but for me and the kids time is flying by. We have plenty of friends and activities to fill our spare time and just the right amount of time to relax at home too. God is so good all the time! He just keeps pouring out more and more blessings on my family. It's incredible that even though we are going through a rough year due to deployment, God always knows how to keep our spirits lifted. We don't feel we have any reason to complain because we know He has a bigger plan in the works for our family and this is just one of the things we have to go through to fulfill His greater purpose.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.