Thursday, May 5, 2011

Words With Friends Addict!

I would like to thank my friend, G, for introducing me to words with friends on my iphone. Can you hear the sarcasm? hehe Okay, seriously I'm not sure it's such a good thing, but it is fun. It could be worse I suppose. At least I have to use my brain and really think to outwit my opponent. However I get frustrated when I can't come up with a word. As my husband will tell you, I do not like to lose. In fact, I use to get mad when my husband would beat me at a game. I know stupid petty selfish me. I did learn to get over that and I don't get mad anymore. Pretend you didn't read that last statement baby and just keep on cheating so that I can win against you. hehe You read that right, my husband loves me so much that he will cheat so I can win. I'm sure that sounds familiar to a lot of people, however I'm also sure that if it rings true to you it was when you were a little kid and your parents would let you win. I know what you're thinking...he just let me win because he didn't want to deal with me when I lost. You're probably right, but I'm sure a little of it is just that he likes to see me happy. Let me have my moment people! hehe The whole reason this subject came up is because here I am, just before midnight, finally posting to my blog for the day. I never stay up this late on school nights. It's all thanks to words with friends. I admit, I'm addicted. I had to finish my games with G before blogging and finally getting to sleep.

As far as how our day went, it was busy. The kids had a short day of school so I didn't have much time to get anything done while they were gone. I got some housework done, but that's it. After I picked them up we came home to do homework. Shortly after we headed to Syd's theater class. She's been looking forward to this day for a month. After class the first thing she said in her cheery Syd voice was, "That was so boring." I guess she didn't realize they wouldn't be getting up on a stage right away. I explained how she has to learn the basics about acting first. She's excited to go back next week so it must not have really been that boring. She loves that she's in class with her friends so that's probably the main reason she wants to go back at this point. She'll love it once they start rehearsing for the Christmas play in a few months.


After her class we met up with a friend of mine and her two boys who just so happen to be my girls friends that they met at school. I invited them over for homemade pizza, at the request of my son, and we went to sgo. After sgo we stopped for ice cream at Baskin Robbins and came home.

That was a short dialog of our day, but I'm so tired and morning comes way to early for this nonmorning person. I'm off to bed to catch some zzzz's and dream of my husband! Goodnight friends!

Oh, one more thing...Tristan came home from the teen center today with some exciting news! The teen center band heard him playing around on the drum set and asked him to join their band! This group is made up of mainly high school kids and they asked my middle schooler to join them! He's so excited and I'm excited for him. He loves music and even more he loves the drums. He's pretty much self taught, but he's really good. I can't wait till he starts performing in public so I can go watch him and yell out, "See the drummer? That's my son!" He's going to be getting a lot of experience with the teen center band and with the rock band class he's taking. Eventually the rock back class is going to start doing performances too. That class is starting back up thanks to the instructor sticking it out with Tristan, one on one, until he could find more members. He was so impressed with Tristan's "skills" that he went out and found a couple guitarists and a singer. He's still looking for more kids to join them, but he wants kids that are advanced so they can actually have a band to perform and not just a class to have fun in. I'm so excited for Tristan!

Trint...Goodnight my love, sweet dreams (even though it's daytime where you're at), I love you so much! Muah! Muah! Muah!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.