Thursday, May 26, 2011

Last Day of School

I thrive on busy days when my husband is away. It passes time so much faster than sitting at home doing nothing. As you can tell after reading all my posts, I'm definately not lacking in things to do. Today was no exception. I got a text from a friend this morning asking if I'd like to play kickball at the school with our girls 5th grade class. I admit I was a little hesitant at first, simply because I had just sat down after taking the kids to school and wasn't planning on going anywhere. It didn't take long to decide I shouldn't sit at home, and my daughter would appreciate that I took the time to spend with her. I ran upstairs to change and put my hair up and headed to the school. I'm really glad I did. My friend and I ended up spending the whole day with the class. We played kick ball, dodge ball, minute to win it, ate hot dogs and other treats, played a game that involved basketball and math, and had ice cream. During first recess I found Syd and stayed with her for a little while too. It was a good day!

After school we came home and skyped with my mom for a little while, then went to the park so the girls could play with their friends. To top off the day I went for a run while Syd rode her bike. My run was cut a little short when Syd's bike pedal fell off. I tried to put it back on, but the screw was stripped so I ended up walking a little more than I had planned. We were already on our way back home so it wasn't cut too short. That really doesn't matter anyhow. I just had fun spending a little one on one time with her.

I'm excited to see what adventures God has in store for us this summer. I know one thing for sure, my alarm will not be set to 5:30 every weekday during the summer. In fact, it will not be set at all unless something comes up on occasion. I'm looking forward to sleeping in a little. Another good thing about summer is that it always flies by so fast and before we know it school will be starting up for another year. That means my husband will be home for r&r before we know it because once school starts we'll be so busy with that, that time will continue to move forward quickly. As I said before, I don't wish time to just slip away from us, I just pray for time to go quickly while my husband is away so we have him back home and our family can be together again. All in God's perfect timing though. He's always so good to us and I trust He will always do the right thing for our family. What I want isn't always for the best so I leave it all to God.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.