Holy toledo! Today was the busiest day yet. I was doing something from the time I woke up until now. It was a good kind of busy though. It started this morning with getting myself ready (to include shower, hair, and makeup), while making a pizza (homemade I might add, not one of those frozen ones) for one of Tristan's classes, while doing Shay's hair, while keeping Syd focused (that's the most challenging task) on getting ready. All this in just one hour and 20 minutes.
I got the middle school kids dropped off and stayed at the girls school with them for Shay's aloha ceremony. They still have one day of school left, but she has her certificate and is off to middle school with her brother next year. After the ceremony we made our way to the library for a literacy program. The kids got a copy of Charlotte's Web and we did a project after reading the first chapter with our child. I signed Shay out after that so I could take her to lunch. As we were leaving the school we noticed Syd outside with her class playing in the sprinklers. Shay wanted to go say hi to her so we did. Then we were off to Taco Bell. It was a short day at school, as it is every Wednesday, so after lunch we had to head back to the school to pick up Syd.
When we got home, we had just enough time to clean up the house a little before we had to go to Syd's theater class. Unfortunately I was so frazzled today that I got times mixed up and Syd was an hour late to class. Her teacher let her stay for the next class with the older kids. I felt terrible, but Syd didn't care and she had fun. I guess we all mess up at some point and this isn't something that is life changing so it is what it is. While she was in class I went to the office to enroll them in their classes for the summer. Syd is sticking with theater, Tristan is sticking with rock band, and Shay has decided to not only stick with cooking but to add hula. I'm so excited that Shay is finally coming out of her shell and participating in more things. She's definately growing up right before my eyes.
We came home from theater just in time for Shay and I to make blueberry struesel coffee cake and muffins for sgo. Before they were even done baking the ladies were here! YAY! We had great conversation and just a fabulous time praying and processing life together. There were only three of us tonight, but it was very productive and although I missed those that couldn't make it, God has a funny way of putting us just where we need to be at just the right moment. To top off the evening, Shay has decided to be baptized this Sunday at our church splash bash. The only reason she didn't do it in the past was her fear of going under water. After she talked with us tonight, she has decided she's ready! I can't wait for Sunday to get here!
After my busy day, I'm now ready for bed. Nighty Night everyone!
Good night Trinity! Sweet Dreams! I love you more than all the circles! Muah! Muah! Muah!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.