Friday, May 20, 2011

Muscle Spasm! LOL

Tristan..."Why did the man fall off the cliff?"  Answer..."Because he had a muscle spasm!" I know what you're thinking, "That's dumb". I thought the same thing, but we were already laughing so hard as we drove home from youth service tonight, that the caramel McCafe I was drinking ended up all over the dash. Gross! Looks like I'll be cleaning the truck tomorrow. Yes baby, I did just admit on my public blog that everyone can see that I spit out my McCafe all over the dash after hearing a completely not funny joke. Hey, at least I didn't snort like a pig. LOL Not to mention, the kids thought it was hilarious and laughed harder at what I did than at the joke itself. Now I can call myself the funny mom. Okay, I won't go that far.

This morning the girls had their may day performance at school. The weather was nice, aside from the on and off rain, but it wasn't hot. Last year it was so hot I thought we all might just melt like wax. The rain was annoying because it kept coming and going, but I'll take the rain over the heat. The kids all did such a great job. I was so impressed with Shay's hula that I'm trying to talk her into taking a hula class. She was so graceful with her hands and she wasn't timid at all like she usually is in front of people. She's decided to take hula at kid's church during summer academy and hopefully she'll like it enough that she will want to continue with it after that. I can't even express how proud I was of her in particular because she's like me when it comes to getting up in front of people. She's gradually getting better though which I'm so happy about. Syd, on the other hand, isn't afraid of anything. She's a go getter and she'll get up in front of anyone to sing a song or dance. She likes the attention. She looked over at me several times to make sure I had my eyes on her. A friend of mine that also had kids at the school recorded the kids performances and I took photos of them. I'm so glad she was there to do that especially since Trint wasn't here to see them. Thanks again, you know who you are!

My friend had an appointment this afternoon so after the program I got my girls and her boys and we all come to our house. I figured I could rescue her boys from school for the day too. They are great kids and I enjoy having them around. It was still morning time but they all thought they were going to starve so I made them orange julius and pizza rolls. That seemed to satisfy them all and then they went out to play.

My fabulous husband called me twice today! YAY! I could seriously just sit in front of the computer and watch him literally all day long. He was pretty tired when we talked, both times, but still he took time out to call me. You're the best baby! The very best! I love you so much!

I have to say that skype is the best invention since...well, since I don't know what, but it's great! When I was growing up and my dad, who was in the Air Force, was away on trips we didn't have skype. He would call us of course, but we couldn't see him on the other end. We survived obviously, but skype has made it so much easier to stay connected in a more personal way. I can't imagine not seeing my husbands face, aside from still photos, for an entire year. I know we'd survive, but it just makes it so much easier, and more interesting too. Like the time this week when we got to have him in the kitchen with us for breakfast.

This evening we finally had a chance to start going back to youth service. Things just kept popping up in the past couple months and we weren't able to make it. Now that Shay is going into the middle school soon she can start getting active in it too. Her best friend came with her tonight. They kind of stayed in the back and observed more than anything, but in time I'm sure they will be right in there with the rest of the kids. Tristan of course, already knowing a lot of the kids, went straight up to the front, the very front, and started jumping up and down and worshiping God.

I met with a friend during service, who is helping me to start an sgo here on post. I had a good talk with her and she's going to come next week to help us get started. I'm excited for this new adventure God has in store for us!

I'm so excited for the kids that it's almost time for church summer camp. Tristan went last year and had the best time ever. I asked Shay if she was interested in going and I really expected her to say no because it's one of those things she would be nervous about and scared to just jump in to. She isn't so quick to start something new, especially when it means being away from home for a few days and with people she doesn't really know all that well. However, she instantly said yes without any hesitation. I'm so happy about that. I know she will have the time of her life. Hopefully her best friend will be able to join her and that will make it just that much better for her. I'm sure it helps too that she knows her big brother will be there so she won't be alone. Not that they will hang around with each other, but just the fact he's there will be comforting to her. You can bet I'll be more nervous than her when the day comes to drop her off. I wasn't nervous at all about dropping Tristan off last year because he's more outgoing and can hold his own. Shay on the other hand is more timid in new situations. She's very clingy to me and likes the reassurance that I'm always there to safe the day, or ruin it as the case may be. hehe At camp she won't have me for a few days and will be on her own. I know she'll do just fine though. God will guide her through it and she'll have so much fun she won't even know I'm not there.

Today was another busy day and the girls are all finally quieting down, a little anyhow, so I'm going to try to get some sleep. I'm betting that before long they'll start giggling again and wake me up, but as long as they're having a good time it's okay for one night. Plus we don't have a lot of plans tomorrow so maybe I can catch a quick nap if necessary. Yea right, a nap on a Saturday with all the kids home. That could be a stretch. Anythings possible though! Nighty Night!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.