Thursday, May 19, 2011

Productive Day

A lot was accomplished today and I even had time for a short nap. This morning I went to school with Shay because she was having trouble with her friend. It was just preteen drama, but she was miserable at school for the past couple days so I wanted to get it resolved. I know the other girls mom and I also knew that she had no idea what was going on because she would have contacted me to get it straightened out. I told Shay yesterday that she needed to try to work it out with her friend because if possible that would be the best solution. They've been really close all year so I figured it would blow over. Little did I know it had gotten as far as it did and this morning Shay was in tears. I was not going to make her go to school and face what she was dealing with after she spilled it this morning and told me what exactly was going on. I decided to go with her and meet with the counselor. I found my friend at the school as she was dropping off her kids and we took our girls to the counselor to work it all out. They are back to being friends and all is right in their world once again. Mission accomplished!

My friend and I got to talking after the meeting and got on the subject of middle school. We decided to hop in my car and go over there to have a few questions answered before our girls start 6th grade. I got a list of all the afterschool activities which even after being here for over a year I had no idea even existed. Tristan never brought home anything about it. Of course he wouldn't be interested anyhow because they don't involve drums or skateboarding. Shay on the other hand could benefit from some of the programs. The only downfall is that they can only choose one. That is going to be a tough decision. She would likely choose something fun, but I would love to see her do something productive that could help her out in school. My first choice would be a writing club. She's not bad at writing, but she doesn't focus on what she's doing and could benefit from learning the do's and don'ts. It would really help her when it comes time to write reports. Anyhow, we got a tour of the school and they were really helpful. Of course I had already been on campus, but I didn't know where all the 6th grade rooms were or other places like the library and media centers. The campus is pretty big and I had only been to the office and the theater. It was nice to see that the 6th grade rooms are all grouped together so they don't have to go far and won't get lost when switching classes at the start of the year.

This afternoon I got some housework done and after getting the girls from school I made Trint some  people puppy chow. Some call it muddy buddy mix. He loves that stuff so I made three batches of it and will send it off tomorrow. By the way baby, you may consider sharing it because I don't want you to get an upset stomach like you did last deployment from eatting it all in a day. hehe Unfortunately I ran out of packing tape so I'll have to go get some tomorrow afternoon. The kids sat down and made daddy some pictures to decorate his room with while I made the snack mix. His room looks pretty bare so since I'm not there to decorate we're sending him homemade decorations and tape. Before long your room will be bright and cheery baby. The kids did a wonderful job!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.