I'm posting early today because I have a busy evening and I don't plan on staying up any later than I have to. I really don't even know what I want to post today. I have a lot going through my brain today. I guess I'll start on a positive note. This afternoon I watched "The Notebook" for the umpteenth time. I love that movie and will never get tired of watching it. The first time I saw it was during my husbands second deployment. It instantly became my all time favorite movie. I told Trint about it and he decided to rent it while he was gone. He ended up loving it too. When he told me he had watched it here's what I pictured... A bunch of soldiers sitting around a tv together with tears in their eyes. hehe Anyhow, he said it reminded him of us, my thoughts exactly. He said that we will leave this earth in the same manner as they did. We will live a long happy life full of love together and when we're old and gray we will leave this earth together, hand in hand. Considering we aren't a romantic couple by any means, that was a very romantic sentiment. We're more of a have fun and be silly together type of couple. We do have our moments though, especially during deployments. Every time I watch it I'm remembered of how much my husband loves and adores me. I know that he would be a Noah. He would never leave my side no matter what life throws at us. I'm one blessed girl to have such an amazing husband!
After seeing everyone's facebook posts I've come to the conclusion that my opinion is far from the popular opinion that a lot of people have right now. I'll just leave it at this for today...Proverbs 24:17-18 "Do not gloat when your enemy falls; when he stumbles, do not let your heart rejoice, or the Lord will see and disapprove and turn his wrath away from him." Let's keep our military and their families in our prayers. Regardless of what's dominating the news right now, the fact remains that our service members are still deployed and still in harms way. They need our prayers now, just as much as they did when the first soldiers placed their boots on the ground 10 years ago. I don't know about anyone else, but that will be my focus until they all come home! God bless them all and keep them safe!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.