Sunday, May 1, 2011

Unbreakable Bond

All this thunder and lightening is really making me miss my husband. For some reason that I'll never understand, he loves storms. He likes to sit outside and watch the lightening flashes and he sleeps like a baby after listening to the thunder. Me on the other hand, I do not like storms at all. The only thing I like about storms is getting to snuggle close to my husband and falling asleep in his arms. For tonight and for all the storms in the next year to come I won't have that comfort. I do however have the comfort of snuggling with my daughter who likes to make sure mommy is okay.

I know I say this all the time, but I'm constantly reminded over and over again of how blessed I am to have such amazing friends. Today was no exception. A friend of mine went to church with me this morning and it was nice to have her sitting next to me. It's not like I ever feel alone at church, not even in the least with so many friends surrounding me, but to have another army wife sitting next to me where Trint usually sits was just comforting. I love all of my friends, military and civilian, and I'm thankful and blessed by each and every one of them. There's just a different bond between military wives, an unbreakable bond.  Especially when we are going through the same circumstances at the same time. Just being around a friend who is or has gone through the same thing is comforting. We know what is going through the other wife's mind without having to ask. We know that the other wife will understand us when we are having an off day or even if we just burst out in tears for no apparent reason. We know that the other wives will jump in their car at a moments notice without a second thought to run to the wife who is having a rough day. I really don't know what I'd do without my fellow army wives. And what a great feeling to be able to help another wife who is having a hard time. Just tonight a friend was having a hard time and needed us. Without a second thought I jumped in my truck and headed straight to her house, as did our other friend. It was great to be able to be there for her. We didn't stay for too long, but just that short visit made her feel better. The yummy treat she made us to eat made my tummy feel good too. hehe It's great to know that they would do the exact same for me. I don't even have the words to express how much I love my army wife friends and how blessed I am to be one of them.

When I got home I watched tonights episode of Army Wives. During the last episode the doctors found a mass in Claudia Joy. Tonight they did surgery removing the mass and discovered that is wasn't cancer. First of all, she didn't tell her husband a thing because he was deployed and she didn't want to worry him. That kind of reminds me of me. I don't like to tell my husband when things are crummy here because I don't want to cloud his mind with things other than his mission. I feel he needs to worry about what's right in front of him and nothing else. Worrying about home will only make his days longer and could have devasting consequences. I'm sure not all spouses are like that, I know some that aren't, and that's just fine. That's just how I am. The second thing that really made me think of myself and all my army wife friends was at the end. If every civilian caught on to what Claudia Joy said, they would have a bigger picture of how we feel as army wives. Her husband called her from Afghanistan to tell her that they had gotten redeployment orders earlier than expected and that he would be coming home in the next two weeks. Even after getting the news that very same day that her mass was not cancer she said to him, "That's the best news I've heard all day."  I can't speak for every army wife, but I know that would definately hold true to me. I realize that it's just a t.v. show and they are just actors, but a lot of things really hit home and get my head spinning. I can say for a fact that when my husband calls to say he's coming home, no matter what else is going on, it will be the best news I've heard that day. Actually make that, the best news I've heard all year! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.