I seriously feel like I'm about to fall asleep just sitting here writing this. I've pretty much felt that way all day. I tried to take a nap this afternoon, but that wasn't happening. Everytime I dozed off someone would get loud so I just gave up. I was doing okay this morning at kid's church, but after that it was all down hill. I covered for a friend who had to work this morning so I taught both services. The kids were great this morning, not they are ever not great. I had more kids than I'm use to for the first service I taught. It was fun to have so much involvement in class. They were all willing to pitch in and had lots to say. It's amazing how much an adult can learn from listening to the stories of kids. My regular class was smaller than usual this morning. I'm always ready for active kids and I have active activities planned for them. This morning however I had to do some modification. My kids were calmer than usual and I even had one child fall asleep before class even started. He's one of my kids that is first to raise his hand with answers to my questions. It wasn't any better or worse than any other Sunday, just different. These kids are great whether they come in all hyped up or calm as can be. We always have a good time together.
The rest of the day isn't even really worth commenting on. The girls fought all the way home so they got to spend most of the afternoon in their rooms thinking about why it's not okay to fight. Tristan spent the day skateboarding with his friends. I spend an hour or so trying to catch a nap, which didn't happen so I just gave up. Now that the kids are getting ready for bed I'm going to go read some of my new book I picked up at Church this morning and then go to bed. I'm praying for a good nights sleep so I'm not sleepwalking through my day tomorrow. I have too much to get done.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.