I really don't even know what to talk about today. I guess the safest bet is to just recap the day and get my self to bed to hopefully wake up in the morning to much better thoughts. I know my amazing kids at church will make me forget all about everything for the short while I am blessed with being with them.
Not much happened this morning aside from my kids grumping around about doing their chores that should have been done yesterday. Of course we had to add in a lot of fighting about petty things on top of that. What a lovely morning in the Guyett household. I suppose if they would have just done what was asked of them they could have gone out to play, but they decided to make my morning miserable instead.
This afternoon I went to my friends baby shower. What a relief to the morning to be around friends and have laughter and fun. Syd went with me, as Shay was grounded to her room for talking back to me. You'd think she would learn her lesson after all the times she's been grounded for running her mouth, but nope. Tristan of course, being a teenage boy wasn't so thrilled with the idea of a baby shower so he stayed home to make sure Shay didn't leave her room. I know, she's already told me what a mean mommy I am. Maybe some day she'll listen to me without running her mouth and I can be a nice mommy again. Anyhow, Syd and I had a good time at the shower. We played shower games, ooed and awwed over all the adorable baby gifts, had food and cake. Syd had a blast just jumping on the trampoline. She didn't even come in for cake. If you know my daughter at all, she isn't known to miss out on cake, or any kind of food for that matter. She really must have been having a good time. I can't wait to see my friends beautiful little baby when she finally arrives.
This evening I took my computer over to another friends house so she could design invitations for her daughters birthday party. They turned out really cute by the way. Our other friend came over with food so we ate dinner together and just enjoyed each others company, while all the kids played.
There's the recap of my day and now I'm going to bed so I can wake up bright and early in the morning. I'll sure be glad when summer gets here and I don't have to set an alarm clock every morning. At least on weekdays and Saturdays anyhow. I'll be taking advantage of that for sure. Nighty Night!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.