Thursday, July 7, 2011

Three Months Down

Today marks three months since my husband left on that dreaded, horrible, ugly, white bus! It may not seem all that long because 3 is a pretty small number, but to me it's 3 months closer to being back in his arms. Instead of dwelling on the fact that he has been gone for 3 months, I rather look at it that he is 3 months closer to being home. I guess it just sounds better to me that way. More positive I suppose. I'm grateful that time has been ticking by so quickly. The kids and I do what we can to keep busy day by day. The more we have to do, the quicker the day comes to an end. It isn't that we want to wish time away. We enjoy our outings and have fun while we're busy, but at the end of the day we can mark one more day off the calendar. One more day closer to daddy!

As we all know, when our spouse is gone something is bound to go wrong at some point. It may not be a huge disaster, but even something minor that just makes us wish he were home to deal with it. You all know from earlier posts that I've already had an ordeal with my truck. I ran over a thorn, they kind of fixed it but not really, and in the end I had to get a new tire. It took a wonderful friend changing my tire for me and two very long trips to the mechanic to get it done, but it ended up being an easy fix. Last night when we went out to the truck after Shay's hula class, my truck decided to give me more problems. The battery decided it had worked enough over the years and it needed a break. I'm so thankful to my husband for making sure I have an emergency kit in my truck that includes jumper cables. Shay's teacher kindly pulled her car up to my truck to help me out. Unfortunately it didn't work. My battery was corroded and so was hers. A good friend lives just up the street from where we were so I called her for help. She brought her husbands truck over and we got the cables all hooked up. Who said women can't solve any problem on their own?! Okay, here's the rest of the story. Her neighbor, who happens to be a guy, stopped by for added support. Okay, we let him take over. HeHe However, I can guarantee you that we would have done it on our own if we would have had to. There's no problem too big for an Army Wife! All said and done, my truck is now running again and he even was so kind as to clean off the battery for me. It looks like I'll be buying a new battery in the near future. I hope my truck enjoys his early Christmas present. HeHe I'm so overly thankful for my amazing friends who are willing to come to my rescue. Life is so much easier, especially during a deployment, when you have people going through it with you!

I spent my morning making phone calls to get everything taken care of before school starts in three weeks. My kids all need their physicals updated for CYS, they all need eye appts which I still need to make, and I needed to figure out where on earth my youngest would be going to school this year. The doctor apps are scheduled, I finally found a number to the optometrist so I can schedule that tomorrow, and I am happy to report that my daughter will be able to stay on post next year. I'm still uncertain on which school she will attend, but at least I know she'll be on post. That is such a relief to me. It will make it way easier to get all three of them to and from school with no added expense or having to rely on someone else for help. If you know me, you know that I don't like having to rely on others and I prefer to just do things on my own if at all possible. So... I called Wheeler, my preferred school since it's right next to the middle school and they told me they don't do their GE's until a week before the start of school. That's a little late in the game for having to get school supplies, but I'll take my chances. When I got off the phone with them, I called Solomon. That's where Syd attended last year. She was there on a GE so I didn't know if it would carry over or if I had to submit another one. Fortunately it does carry over. Once a school accepts a GE it continues to carry over throughout the years unless that child is always in trouble and the school decides to pull the GE. I'm certain that won't be a problem. We're still going to wait to see if she can get into Wheeler, but I'm okay with either of the schools. Getting them all to school on my own worked out last year so I know it will work out again this year. Praise God for answered prayers!

Month number four is going to be here in no time with everything we have going on this month. Between rock band, hula, theater, cooking class, church camp, big r movie night, church, family day at church, practice for family day performance, doctor appointments, small group, and hopefully eye appointments, we will be pretty busy. I might add that Shay is performing a hula dance this Sunday and Syd is singing. She even has a solo. She's so excited to finally be able to sing in front of an audience instead of just in the shower. HeHe

Cheers to three months down and just six more to go until R&R! I can't wait to see you baby! I miss you and love you soooooooo much!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.