Today was a good day! This afternoon I had a lunch date with some amazing ladies and two adorable little ones. It was so nice to get out with friends for yummy food and great conversation. It was equally fun to spend the afternoon with two of the most adorable kids. It was so cute watching them hold hands at the table. They were definately the center of attention, and rightfully so!
This afternoon I decided I had had enough of broken, water ruined, malfunctioning, funny noise making phones so I took a trip to the AT&T store after getting the girls from school. I'm now the proud owner of an iPhone, with a purple and pink case of course. Just call me old fashioned for not upgrading sooner. I just couldn't ever justify the higher phone bill to have all that extra stuff. I needed to be able to make phone calls and text. I figured if I needed to get on the internet I had a computer at home and if I needed driving directions I could print them out before I left the house. I still don't really see that I need a smartphone, but we had the upgrade option, the phone was cheap, and if I don't do it now I'll really be left behind by the time we can upgrade again. Technology moves so fast these days. I've been playing with the silly phone all evening and it's already frustrating me. It's so different than the simple call and text phones. I'm sure I'll figure it all out eventually and then I'll wonder why I didn't upgrade sooner. I'm just happy to have a reliable phone that won't die on me in the middle of a conversation. What I'm not looking forward to is my next bill. We have 4 lines on our account as it is now so to add the smart phone fee, plus the upgrade fee it's not going to be pretty next month. I have a hard time justifying spending more than necessary on things like this that aren't necessities, but I guess it is what it is. When Trint gets back next year he'll be upgrading too so...wow! I guess I won't think about that right now. First I'll get over the shock of what it is at the moment. I'm sure it isn't that bad compared to what a lot of people pay, so I'll just leave it at that.
When the girls and I finally left AT&T we headed to Price Busters to find Easter goodies for daddy. We decided to forgo the whole basket thing, it wouldn't fit in the box anyhow, and we're going to make the box the basket. The girls had fun walking through the isles picking things out. I won't go into detail about their finds because then it wouldn't be a surprise when Trint gets his box of goodies. I did have to finally tell them we had plenty of stuff because they just kept finding more and more. They would have bought out the store if I had let them. Everthing they saw I'd hear them say, "daddy would love this". I just told them, "I'm sure he would, but we can only fit so much in a box and we do have a budget to stick to so pick your favorites and we'll buy more later." I anticipate many more fun outings with the kids to find that perfect gift for daddy's box.
Every day I try to do something for Trint to remind him that we love him and that we're patiently waiting for him to come home. Today was Easter shopping. Yesterday I made him a photo book online, totally free I might add thanks to the company (I can't remember the name of it) and to the USO for paying for the shipping, with our family pictures. Some days it's just a message through facebook or a comment on his profile, but always something. Every day I find a way to tell him "I love you". So, if you're reading this baby...
WE LOVE YOU! WE LOVE YOU! WE LOVE YOU! XOXOXO
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.