Wednesday, April 13, 2011

SGO Night!

I always look forward to Wednesday nights with my Grace Bible small group. It was especially nice to go tonight since I haven't been in a few weeks. I had been spending my time concentrating on my husband and spending as much time as possible with him before he had to leave which caused me to miss sgo. It was nice to get back into the swing of things and visit with the girls again. Tonight we celebrated Jerri's birthday which meant dinner at Gyotaku's. Such a yummy restaurant! My mouth was watering all day, just waiting for some ahi poke, shrimp tempura, California rolls, and miso soup. Yummo! 

This afternoon I finally got motivated to work on coupons. It always feels great at the checkout when they start scanning the coupons and the total slowly keeps falling. If only I could save like those extreme couponers they show on TLC. I guess I probably could if I just took the time. Part of me just likes the convenience of driving a few blocks away to shop at the commissary. However I'm really starting to consider looking into other options. It would definately be worth it to drive to another store to save on groceries and necessities. From the looks of these extreme couponers a person should never have to pay full retail for anything. Maybe as time goes on I'll get better at this and come home with a credit on my receipt. Could happen! I probably have about $200 in coupons sitting on my floor right now waiting for me to sort them out. Now I just need to sort them, find the cheapest place to use them, and I'll be good to go!

 

3 comments:

  1. Definitely yum! I love tempura shrimp and miso soup, too. As for coupon-ing, I have never been good at it either. I just don't have the patience. Almost always, I am in a hurry to get to the store and back. Not enough time to look at the coupons. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummmy! Im so jelous. Just dont create a stock pile of stuff and have a mini mart in your home. The next show is going to be horders buried alive in my food that I will probably never get to using. Now that we are on the mainland, I honestly still dont find much cheaper outside of the commissary. I noticed when there is a good sale on a few items others are jacked up. But I still always check the mailers for the grocery stores. Albertsons is the worst the the price dropping and jacking up other things. For example, i love banana walnut great grains cereal, but at albertsons and walmart its almost $5 a box. Commissary it's $2. that just shows you how much a profit they try to pull and take advantage of consumers. Makes me loose respect for stores like that knowing people don't have the money for it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm good about clipping and using them Jennifer, it's just finding the store that has that item on sale or will double a coupon for bigger savings. I wish we had a walgreens and cvs on the island. They have store cards that help save even more. I'm sure there are places here like that too, it's just a matter of searching for them. Maybe someday!...Honestly, I could never stockpile like that. However, if I could get all that stuff free like they do, I'd be sharing with friends, sending a lot of stuff to our military overseas, and donate a lot. The commissary sells at cost not retail. That's why they are cheaper, but stores sometimes have things on sale plus adding a coupon or double coupon plus store cards actually drives the cost lower than the commissary. Plus most stores have store brands that are cheaper unlike the commissary. It is what it is though and we buy what we need when we need it anyhow I suppose.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.