FYI...I wrote this post last night, but when I went back to reread it I couldn't concentrate because I was too tired. I saved it last night and posted it this morning. I didn't want it to be just a bunch of jumbled up mess of words that made no sense. hehe
Last night I didn't get much sleep due to an unexpected visitor in our bed. Shay occassionally will just break out in hives for no apparent reason. Last night was one of those nights. She came into our room still half asleep and told me her back was itchy. I barely even remember her coming in. I must have still been asleep because I didn't get up so she just crawled in bed. I don't even recall her getting in our bed. I have no idea what time it was when she came in, but sometime in the middle of the night I felt her arm whack me in the head. That woke me up for sure. After that she just couldn't stop wiggling and stealing the blanket from me. She's always a wiggly sleeper. My alarm clock went off way to early this morning for my taste, especially after not getting very good sleep. I used lack of sleep to justify taking a nap this afternoon. Tibbles cuddled up with me on the couch and we were both out for the count. Needless to say today was not a productive day. I shouldn't have napped because I woke up even more tired than when I layed down. Oh well such is life. A lazy down now and then never hurt anyone. I did get some laundry done so that counts for something, right? hehe
Tristan had his second session of rock band today at skies. Last week was his first class and after getting there we were told that the class didn't even exist. They didn't have enough kids signed up to make the class worth the cost. Luckily the instructor had a class earlier and was still there. He told Tristan that since they already signed him up and it was coming out of his allotment from our blue star card benefits that he could stay and he would just be taught one on one for the night until he could talk to skies and see what was going on. Since the class was only 45 minutes long we decided to hang around until he was done. After class the instructor, I wish I could remember his name but I'm awful with names so we'll just call him instructor for now, came out with a smile. He kept saying how Tristan was a breath of fresh air for him and he really enjoyed listening to him. His previous class is at a beginner to intermediate level so he's still teaching some of them the basics of drumming. He was impressed that Tristan could read all the music and play everything he was asked to play. Tristan has never had lessons before aside from school where he hasn't really learned anything except how to play quieter and how to do paperwork. That's a whole other story for another time. So he told us he would try to find some more students for an advanced class and if he couldn't he requested we bring Tristan to his studio in Aiea. He hated to see Tristan miss out on something he's so passionate about and good at. I didn't hear from him all week so I took Tristan back to class tonight to see if the class was still on or not. Tristan was the only one there, but the instructor was all set up and ready for him. He told me that he thinks he has a couple kids who play guitar on a higher level that can join Tristan. He's trying to get this class going and get a band going for these kids again. It makes me feel good that my son is his inspiration for doing this. I really admire his dedication to these military kids. He has his own studio and yet he has agreed to come on post and work with our kids here. Not only is it more cost effective for us, but much more convenient than driving so far to the studio. I really appreciate what he's doing, not only for my son, but for all the kids. I'm still considering taking Tristan to the studio and checking it out too. As much as Tristan likes to play it would be worth it for him to have the extra practice. Who knows what the future holds for him. Maybe God is preparing him for greater things in music. Only time will tell.
It's yet another late night so I'm off to get some zzzzz's. I don't know why I stay up so late when I know the next morning is going to come early. I really need to start going to bed when the last kid gets tucked in. Maybe next time. hehe Nighty Night friends!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.