Friday, May 13, 2011

Answered Prayer




It was all God last night when I tried to post and the blogger page said unavailable. It was only 9:30, but we had just gotten home and I was tired. As soon as I saw the notice it was obvious to me that I just needed to go to sleep, and sleep I did. I slept all night long and didn't wake up once. I feel so much better today after a good nights sleep. It came at the perfect time too, because today is again a busy day, but more on that tonight.

Yesterday was literacy day in Syd's class. The parents were invited to join their kids in the classroom for the morning to hear a story and work on a project with their student. Before we left we had a light snack. Afterwards the kids got a copy of the book to take home. I'll be honest and say that I don't remember what the name of the book was, but it was by Eric Carle and it was about a hermit crab that outgrew his shell. He then decided to decorate it with things such as a starfish and a snail who then became his friends. Every month he found a new "friend". At the end of the year he had outgrown his shell again so he gave it to a smaller crab who promised to be nice to his "friends" and he found a bigger one for himself. It was a cute story. I love childrens books. I should have stayed a child. hehe Just kidding mom. I wouldn't want to put you through that again. hehe They didn't have time to finish their project before we had to leave, but it was a stand up book report. They wrote the beginning, middle, and end on a worksheet, colored it, and glued it to a milk carton. Then they colored pictures of the characters, cut them out and glued them to sticks that pop out of the top of the carton. I can't wait to see Syd's finished product. Her teacher kept hers and one other girls as an example for another class she teaches outside of school.

I came home for an hour after that to pick up around the house a little, then headed to lunch with a friend. What a yummy lunch it was. We went to Maui Mike's. If you like chicken and you live here on Oahu, I recommend stopping in Wahiawa for some of their delicious chicken. Their seasoned fries are the best too. It's a very small restaurant with not a lot of seating, but they are always busy. Every time I've been in there, the place has been completely full and there's a constant stream of people picking up orders they've called in. So, there's my advertisement for Maui Mike's in Wahiawa, Hawaii! Along with the great food came great conversation. We sat in there long after we were done eatting just to talk. I know what you're thinking, women can always sit and talk forever. Let me just tell you (close your eyes for a few lines Trint) men can talk just as much if not more than women. It sometimes takes a prayer and a miracle from God to pull my husband away from a good converstion with his friends. (okay baby you can open your eyes now). LOL

After getting all the kids home from school, we headed to Mililani for Taco Bell and a little shopping. Not the kind of shopping you're thinking Trint. I didn't buy a single thing for me or the kids. It was all about your request dear. We went to Price Busters to pick up some candy to fill gift bags. I was invited to a new sgo group and told their leader about a request I had gotten from my husband. I'll explain all of that later after I talk to him to see if it's okay that I share the story on here. She instantly asked if they could help out. It was an answer to prayer for me. I was a little hesitant as to spend so much on my own for this and also the time it would take to make all these on my own would have been crazy. I also just wasn't sure how good of an idea it was. That statement will be better understood when you hear the reason behind all of this. As soon as she asked if they could help, I knew it would all be possible and that it was something I was suppose to pursue. God used her to answer my prayers. On top of that, God used me to answer my friends prayer at the same time. Her sgo is growing and some of the ladies are branching off to start their own sgo. She wanted some sort of project for the evening but couldn't come up with anything until she heard what I was doing. She texted all of her sgo friends and everyone was on board. God definately works everything out for good and He always answers our prayers in His perfect timing, even if that timing is at the last minute. It was a fabulous night full of friends, laughter, discussion, goody bag making, and of course we can't forget the food. We had already stopped for dinner at taco bell, so we weren't hungry, but the pot roast smelled so good. We did eat desert later however, red velvet cake and the yummiest sherbert type ice cream I'd ever tasted. It was pink and blue with the flavors of cake and cotton candy. It's hard to describe, but I could taste both of those things in it. It also had a smooth taste like that of creamsicle. It was like nothing I'd ever tasted, but very yummy!          

                                                          

We didn't get home till late so as soon as we got home I tucked the kids into bed, took Tibbles out to run around for a short while (he had been in his kennel most of the day poor puppy), and you know the rest from the first paragraph.

I did hear from Trint late last night and they are finally! starting to get their internet hooked up in their building. I can't wait to be able to skype with him. I know he's excited about it too because that's the only reason he called, to tell me that little bit of info. He was busy moving his stuff to their new building so he didn't have much time to talk other than to tell me that. He was in a good mood and sounded happy so that's all I needed to know. I'm ready to not only hear his voice again but to see with my own eyes that he's okay. Thank you Jesus for protecting my husband and for walking him through this deployment. That makes all the difference to him over there and to me over here. There's nothing to worry about when you know that God is on your side!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.