Friday, May 13, 2011

It's Friday

Another busy day is coming to an end. I must say I'm glad it's Friday and I get to sleep in tomorrow. There will be no alarm going off and maybe just maybe I'll have breakfast waiting for me when I wake up. My kids seem to spoil me on the weekends. I think they have finally come to the conclusion, after years of trying to tell them, that when they go out of their way to be nice to others, others will in turn be nice to them. Others meaning their parents. Don't get me wrong, I just want them to get along and be respectful, but if they want to take it a step further and make breakfast, who am I to stop them. hehe

After getting the kids to school and getting myself ready for the day, my first stop was the post office. I had to get the goody bag boxes that we made at sgo last night sent on their way. When taking the kids to school it was decent out and finally not raining. However, when I opened the door to take the boxes to the car...you guessed it, it was once again raining. For a split second I thought that maybe it could wait till later, but quickly decided I better get it done now or it may not get done until next week. Take that rain, you can't get me down! The boxes were fairly heavy so I took two at a time. I was wondering the whole time how on earth I was going to get all four boxes out of the car at the same time when I got there. I figured I'd just somehow figure it out then. Luckily there was a parking spot left right by the stairs so I wouldn't have to go far. I stacked all 4 boxes on top of each other and got them to the shelf in line with no mishaps. I couldn't see in front of me too well, but I made it. There were only two people in line so I got to the window and back to the car in no time. I've never in my life had such a quick experience at this post office. I'm usually there for at least half an hour if not an hour. Yet another blessing to add to the many God has poured out on my family.

This afternoon I got to have lunch with another friend. When I went to meet her at her house I got the best greeting. Her little girl came running up to me and held on to me for dear life. It was like she hadn't seen me in years. What a warm welcome from such a sweet little girl. Her mommy asked her where she's like to eat after suggesting Taco Bell. She said no to that but wouldn't tell us where she wanted to go. She was sleepy from an earlier play date, but we finally got her talking and she said Taco Bell. Silly girl. So that's where we went. I really wanted their new shrimp taco's which they so still have on the menu in Mililani, but here in Wahiawa, no such luck. If you've heard my stories about places consistently not having what I really want than this wouldn't come as a surprise to you. It certainly didn't to me. I settled for a beefy crunch burrito. That's my second favorite.

We decided to run to Ross after dinner until we had to be back for me to pick up kids. I found Shay her Muu'muu that she needs for her May day program next week and birthday presents for a couple sweet little kids. One being the one I had lunch with. We were sneaky enough and she didn't even notice I got it. She did however enjoy the train that I got for another birthday. She held it in her lap while we finished shopping. I did good today and didn't buy anything for myself. I may end up going back though because I found a vase I really like for the stair landing. I'm pretty sure I really need it to brighten up the space. We'll see after all the bills get paid. hehe

I enrolled Tristan in the babysitter course that they hold through the edge here on post. Today was suppose to be the big day. It lasts 5 hours so they are told to bring dinner with them. I got his food packed and as soon as he walked in the door from school we headed to the class. We waiting and waited and walked around to all the rooms and we couldn't figure out where this class was suppose to be held. We finally found the other kids that were signed up. They were all in the office trying to find out the same info we were searching for. Come to find out the computer had a glitch and it printed out the wrong date on all of our papers, not to mention we were told the wrong date when we signed up. I double checked all the dates before I left the office when I enrolled the kids. I really doubt it was a computer glitch. I'm leaning towards a human error glitch. Whatever the case we were all sent home a little frustrated to return on a later date. That's the 4th error we've encountered with the skies/edge programs. None were this frustrating and they all worked for the best, so I shouldn't really complain. It was just frustrating rushing to get Tristan there on time only to find out he didn't need to be there at all. The other errors were that they had Syd signed up for cooking for a second month when she was only enrolled for the first month she attended. They didn't have Shay signed up at all for the first month of cooking, but I had the receipt so they took her anyways. Tristan was signed up for the rock band class that didn't even exist, but the instructor took him in anyhow and after a month of one on one practice, they now have a rock band forming again.

As for tonight, when we got back home we went to Starbucks for happy hour, only spending just over $7 for all four of us which can't be beat, and grabbed "Voyage of the Dawn Treader". We had pizza and watched a movie. I've been wanting to see this movie since it came out, but never got around to it. It was a great movie. I love the books and have loved all three of the movies. I can't wait for the next one. It was great watching it with Syd. She knows those movies have underlying meaning and she was asking questions. I was surprised at how much she could interpret on her own. I really believe God has special things in store for her life. He's already working in her little heart in big ways. I see it everyday in the little things she does. Her heart is definately in the right place. One of the small things is happening tomorrow. They are having a food drive where we can leave canned goods by the mailbox for the postal person to collect. Syd brought home the flyer from school and said she's going to leave food so someone can eat. We're going to put some cans in a sack tonight so they're ready to sit by the mailbox tomorrow. She always wants to help others. God has given her a servants heart.

I can't believe we're already 5 weeks into this deployment. I know 5 weeks probably doesn't sound like much when you take into consideration that this whole deployment is a year long, but it's gone by so fast for me. Summer is just two weeks away, we all know how fast summer slips away, and once school is back in session we will only have a few months until he's home for r&r. I'm already getting excited about that. All in God's timing though. Until then I'll just keep praying for him and continue to take care of everything back here. besides, God is taking care of my husband far better than I ever could. A friend reminded me of something the other night. Since God has this deployment is His plans for us, my husband is actually safer over there than he would be anywhere else. God tells us if we're faithful to Him, He will watch over us and shower us with His many blessings. As long as we simply embrace what God has in store for us we will be just fine. God's plan is the ultimate plan and it's always in our best interest and for our own good. It may not always seem like it, but there's always a greater purpose, whether it's to draw us closer to Him or to teach us a lesson in order to make us a better person or whatever else it may be. It's always for our own good. If we embrace it and use it to help us grow than we'll be better off for it and it won't seem so bad. Our God is a loving God and as long as we seek His guidance He will bring us through anything that crosses our path.

I almost forgot...I wanted to post this picture of my Tibbles after he went out to play in the yard this evening. He wasn't out for very long, but apparently it was long enough for him to be covered in some sort of weed. I know our yard is getting a little tall with all this rain, but I had no idea my puppy would get covered in weeds. Hopefully the rain can stay away tomorrow so Tristan and I can get the yard mowed and weeded to prevent this from happening again. It may not look all that terrible, but with all his hair, even after his bath and lots of pulling, it's still not completely out. He had fun running across the yard so I guess that's all that matters in the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.